On Friday, the 24th of September 2021, we celebrate Heritage Day in South Africa. It is a day where we take time to recognise and appreciate the rich cultural diversity of our country. Interwaste has a proudly South African heritage, and we deeply value everyone (past and present) with whom we work, and who have contributed to shaping the company into what it is today.
South Africa is a special country, not only for its diverse cultures, but also its impressive geological wealth and exceptional biodiversity. We would like to take this opportunity to encourage you to visit one of our 9 world heritage sites:
- - The Fossil Hominid Sites of South Africa in Sterkfontein (Sterkfontein Caves)
- - The Mapungubwe Cultural Landscape in Limpopo
- - The Richtersveld Cultural and Botanical Landscape in Northern Cape
- - Robben Island in Western Cape
- - The Cape Floral Region Protected Areas in the Western and Eastern Cape
- - iSimangaliso Wetland Park in KwaZulu-Natal
- - The Vredefort Dome in the Free State
- - uKhahlamba / Drakensberg Park in KwaZulu-Natal and Lesotho
- - The Barberton Makhonjwa Mountains in Mpumalanga
Heritage Day is often celebrated by having a braai with family and friends. Regardless of how you choose to recognise the day, we urge you to do so safely and to reflect on the power and beauty of our people and country.
The future is in our hands!